Tuesday, June 24, 2008

File under things I think are funny ....

So we use Mozilla Thunderbird for our email system ... I kinda hate it, but that's probably because I'm too brainwashed by Microsoft to think that anything but outlook is a cheap knock off ... Anyhow, I've noticed some funny occurrences with how spellcheck handles certain names.

Here are some funny (I think) examples -- the real name is listed first with the spellcheck suggestion following it:
  • Neuwirth -- Mirthful
  • Jowaisis -- Waistcoat
  • Suellentrop -- Repellent
  • Lauffer -- Chauffeur
  • Lexoria - Inexorable
  • Dykeman -- Brakeman
  • Guzzo -- Guzzler
  • Yurcaba -- Bifurcate
  • Beaubien -- Beautician
  • Mostafa -- Hemostat
  • Hondros -- Wondrous
  • Putze -- Deputize, and last, but not least ...
  • Carmack -- Carjack

Of course, every time I see or talk to our think about the folks these names belong to, I think about the spellcheck name ... and chuckle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home